My name is Justo, I was born in Manila, Philippines where I took my bachelor of fine arts major in painting.
Recently I was shortlisted at The Hong Kong Human Rights Arts Prize 2014. The work submitted was one of many uncertainties, obsessions and secretly desired state of conflicting view.
My first job was a story board artist for an independent film production, then a sculptor, vfx makeup artist in one of the prosthetics shops doing effects for film and tv. In 1992 I moved to Hong Kong to continue my creative endeavor.
It is awkward and painful write an artist statement so I choose not to.
-"Neutral" at HW|LAC PMQ S504, Block A, PMQ, 35 Aberdeen Street Central District, Hong Kong . Aug 21 -23 2015
-"New Works" . 3 boxes , Ground Floor, 35 Graham Street Central, Hong Kong . July 15-August 4, 2006
- "Mga Kwentong Bata At Iba Pa" (Children's Stories and Others) Third Solo Show, Greenhouse Gallery, Botanical Garden, Baguio City, Philippines (April 16 - May 28, 2002)
- "Light In A Box" Second Solo Show, John Batten Gallery, Hong Kong (June 1998)
- "Si Hala at si Inbisibol Man" ( "Hala" and the Invisible Man ) First Solo Show, Hiraya Gallery , Manila (April 1997)
- "Impetus 1:Reflex at Play" - Group show - a three-part series of exhibitions at NOW Gallery + Auctions at Pasong Tamo Makati City / February 13, 2014
- "HELP for Haiyan Victims Exhibition and Fundraising Event". / November 28, 2013.
- "Bag for Better" - A charity exhibition by 100 artists and designers at YY9 Gallery / September 8, 2009.
- "Chronicled pain colored" - Painting exhibition with 3 artist titled at OSAGE soho/ June 6, 2008.
- "Galleri Magazine Launch" - Exhibition and Launching party at Kee club /August 8, 2007
- "Drawing on Square" - A drawing exhibition by 8 artist in Hong Kong /June 23 ,2007 -July3, 2007
- "Extilo" - A group show of Filipino Artist at the Philippine Consulate / June 7 - 2007
- "December Show" End Year show of Blanc Gallery / December 2006
- "Unang Sulyap" - A Philippine Arts Festival Exhibition at the Hong Kong Central Library / June 24, 2006
- "Pool" - A group show at Cultural Center of the Philippines / December 2006
- "REDiscovery" Art Exhibition of Filipino Artists in Hong Kong, Philippine Consulate, Hong Kong (March 31 - June 30, 2005)
- Culture in Motion: The Philippines A group exhibition of five Hong Kong-based Filipino Artists, Chater Road, Hong Kong Sponsored by the Hong Kong Home Affairs Bureau (February 20, 2005)
- Behold! God... A group exhibition exploring the idea of worship and idolatry John Batten Gallery, Hong Kong (February 3-29, 2004)
- Gambling Show John Batten Gallery, Hong Kong (September 2001)
- Bundles on Paper Works on paper featuring 25 international artists, John Batten Gallery (1998)
- Traveling Around Works of 11 artists inspired by travel, John Batten Gallery (August 3-27, 1999)
- Contemporary Art of the Philippines Furama Hotel, Hong Kong (November 11, 1997)
- Puna at Pananaw (Views and Visions) A multi-media collective show by the HULO artist Group, featuring eight members Hiraya Gallery, Manila (September 20 - October 2, 1997)
- Rapid Reflection A two-man show with Joel Ferraris, John Batten Gallery (August 25 - September 6, 1997)
- HULO Group Show Hiraya Gallery (1989)
- Kabanata 1 (Chapter 1) HULO Group show at City Gallery, Luneta Park, Manila (1987)
- Encore A group show of the past winners of the Third Asean Youth Exhibition Small Gallery, Cultural Center of the Philippines (1986)
- Young Art Group Show, Main Gallery, Cultural Center of the Philippines (1986)
- Third Asean Youth Painting Exhibition Indonesia Institute of Arts, Yogyakarta, Indonesia (November 1985)
- Biennial Exhibition of Unesco Main Gallery, Cultural Center of the Philippines (1984)
- Quest PWU Fine Arts Showroom, Manila (1983)
- Quest First group show, Pinta Nueve Studio, Quezon City, Philippines (1983)
- Titanium Painting Competition: Second of the Three Grand Prizes (November 1989)
- Metrobank 25th Anniversary Painting Competition: Top 10 (September 1987)
- Student Awardee of Fine Arts for representing the PWU in a major competition (1986)
- Third Asean Youth Painting Competition: First Place (1984)
- First Metrobank Painting Competition: Top 100 Honorable Mention (October 1984)
- KKK Drawing and Painting Competition: Finalist (1981)
- Charcoal Drawing Contest, University of Life, Manila: 4th Honorable Mention (1981)
All images at justocascante.com are not to be used or taken without obtaining prior permission.